Penny Farthing Festival 2020.
February 22 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm UTC+11
Events held throughout the day include:
– The feature race of the day, the National Penny Farthing Championship. The fastest eight riders advance through heats in to the final, which is over 4 laps of the circuit, a total distance of one mile.
– Separate championship races for ladies, juniors (under 16), veterans 1 (50+), 2 (60+), 3 (70+).
– Slow race (last over the line wins)
– Slalom (two at a time around witches’ hats)
– Novice Race (first time riders)
– Sprint (200 metre dash)
– Relay (teams of 4, one lap each)
– Biathlon (run one lap, ride 2, run one)
– Miss ‘n Out (last rider on each lap eliminated)
– Obstacle (run, carry bike, wheel bike, sprint)
– Consolation (for those who haven’t won a medal.)
Entertainment will be provided by:
– A wide variety of stalls
– Displays of veteran cars
– Music, dancing, clowns
– Street entertainers
– Children’s activities; face painting, puppet show, pony rides
– Colonial costumes
– Featuring a Grand Parade at 1:30pm